Monday, July 9, 2018

“Thoughts” - A Tale of Heroes - Scene 42

The morning sun rose, and shone on the barge. When everyone woke, Antonerri offered to steer to allow Granthurg to sleep. After a moment of instruction, Grathurg rolled out a blanket and in moments was loudly snoring.

The others opened up the stores for more bread and cheese, and sat talking and asking questions. After a few hours of sleep, Granthurg woke and joined them. The river flowed under them smoothly and evenly, and the mid-spring breeze kept them cool in the sun. Granthurg got out his maps and each made their plans. Finally, they relaxed in silence as the afternoon approached.

DeFrantis

This giant seems very knowledgeable of the things near the river. I’m not sure where to begin looking for the kids once we get to this village. I think they’re somewhere in the forest, but that’s a big area to cover. Maybe someone in the town knows something.

I barely know Antonerri, but he seems committed to helping. I know I shouldn’t ask him to go with me, but I’ll need his help. I don’t know what we’re up against!

The elf and the giant seemed to show concern for the children, but they have their own plans.  That’s kind of a shame. It would be nice to have a giant and a real wizard along! The dwarven lady is very distant. Oh, what am I saying? This is my task, why would anyone else be bothered?

Antonerri

I am so lost. Everything I’ve worked for is gone. Right now, my only clear purpose is helping to retrieve these children. Beyond that, who knows what the Creator has for me? Who knows what the Creator has in store at all?

Maybe He’s forgotten me. I’ve been cast aside, adrift on this river. What’s around the next bend?

Thissraelle

It was so kind of Karendle to help me fight against the sentries sent to retrieve me. I know there will be more. My father will not rest until I’ve been hunted and recaptured. I need to be cautious. 

DeFrantis’ story of the children being sold away is so tragic! Her dedication to that quest is so noble. I should help them. I have been so fortunate in my own life. But if I travel with them, I may just bring more danger along.

I DID ask for adventure, didn’t I?

Karendle

I did it. I actually did it. I captured a wizard. And from the Guild, no less! That will fetch me a nice bounty. I need to get him back to the others. But, this elf girl seems to be pretty important. She seems to be connected somehow to the Guild as well, and she’s a strong wizard, too! Maybe I can capture her, too, if I’m just careful. She won’t go down so easy, though, and it would probably get the giant very angry.

I’ll have to play this very carefully!

Granthurg

This is all quite a big mess. What did Rinkmorr do? What were they after? It wasn’t Thissraelle. I wonder if it was whatever was in Rinkmorr’s trunk. 

I shouldn’t even think of looking in there. That’s his private property. I wouldn’t want him going through my maps and scrolls, so I shouldn’t go through his things. But whatever is in there is changing my life, putting me in danger, so I should have a right to know what I’m tangled up in, right?

Maybe I will look. 

The river flowed steadily underneath them, and the oculus drove them slowly against the current. Granthurg took in a deep breath. He thought, I have no idea what’s going on, do I?


<<<>>>


This continues the story of the heroes in Wynne, in Twynne Rivers, in the world of The Hero's Tale, Family Friendly RPGs. Here's more info on The Hero's Tale, and family friendly RPGing.


Previous Scene, Next Scene
Start the whole story from the beginningStart from where this current story arc begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment